How I Know I'm Writing To An Audience
- I keep checking the view counts on my posts.
- I keep checking the stats on my site.
- I'm using the pronoun “we”, instead of “I” when I'm writing a post.
- I'm trying to add context to my post, or trying to explain something in my post, which would not have been necessary had I been the only intended audience. For example, trying to explain or justify why I made a specific decision is a hint that I'm writing to an audience other than myself.
- I'm writing in a way as to encourage comments from readers. – I don't really do this on posts on this online journal, but more so on posts on my dev blog.
If I keep those listed cues in mind, I should be able to write more for myself and less to an audience.